Servers losing static IP Addresses
We have been experiencing a very strange problem now for several months. We have servers that loses there static IP addresses intermittently - this can happen when the server is rebooted or when the server is running, there is no consistent pattern.
This has happened to both VM servers and physical servers. It has happened to VM servers running on Microsoft Hyper-V and VMWare.
We run our server infrastructure across different hardware(Dell, HP). When we check the network properties via GUI all is fine but when you check from command prompt it’s showing the 169.x.x.x address against a card. If we
enabledisable the NIC it resolves the issue.
This issue is now becoming very disrupted to services, at least once a week we’re now seeing this issue. The event logs are not giving us any information.
Has anyone come across this issue or provide advice what would be the caused. It’s happening across all versions of Windows Server from Windows 2008, 2008R2, 2012 & 2012R2.
- Bug Check – Event ID: 1001 April 27, 2015
- Then and Now: The Evolution of IT in 15 years April 27, 2015
- PowerCLI found Globally! April 27, 2015
- 3 moments du VMware OTF à revoir en replay April 27, 2015
- French banking group finds success in mobile device adoption in latest #MobileGameChanger April 27, 2015