Servers losing static IP Addresses
We have been experiencing a very strange problem now for several months. We have servers that loses there static IP addresses intermittently - this can happen when the server is rebooted or when the server is running, there is no consistent pattern.
This has happened to both VM servers and physical servers. It has happened to VM servers running on Microsoft Hyper-V and VMWare.
We run our server infrastructure across different hardware(Dell, HP). When we check the network properties via GUI all is fine but when you check from command prompt it’s showing the 169.x.x.x address against a card. If we
enabledisable the NIC it resolves the issue.
This issue is now becoming very disrupted to services, at least once a week we’re now seeing this issue. The event logs are not giving us any information.
Has anyone come across this issue or provide advice what would be the caused. It’s happening across all versions of Windows Server from Windows 2008, 2008R2, 2012 & 2012R2.
- Let’s Talk About Adobe Flash … and HTML5 Video July 28, 2015
- VMware End-User-Computing Hands-On Labs and the Heroes Behind Them July 28, 2015
- Storage Spaces? July 28, 2015
- Get Refreshed: 7 Tips from a Pro on How to Prepare (and Pass) Any VMware Certification Exam July 28, 2015
- VMware Headquarters Featured in New Video July 28, 2015