Release: Citrix XenClient Enterprise 4.1
A couple of weeks ago Citrix announced the first full release of XenClient Enterprise after the announcement of Virtual Computer acquisition, during Synergy 2012, XenClient Enterprise 4.1, now included within XenDesktop Enterprise and Platinum.
As Andrew Wood reports in his article, release 4.1 brings big changes, mainly concentrated in what is now called XenClient Enterprise Synchroniser and the need of a Microsoft Hyper-V based environment.
From the original Citrix’s blog post:
9X More Devices Supported
- XenClient now supports more PCs than ever before with a dramatically expanded hardware compatibility list (HCL).
- Support for the coolest new devices including Ultrabook™ systems and the latest 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processor systems (see the Intel Blog, by Dan Russell on this).
- 3G/4G modem support, enabling users to make full use of their XenClient PCs.
Enterprise-Class Management Scalable to Thousands of Endpoints
- Open, scalable backend management system supported on all industry standard server hypervisors - Hyper-V, vSphere, and XenServer.
- Enterprise level scalability supporting thousands of endpoints for large deployments in multiple locations and geographies.
- Enhanced policies and role-based administrative control deliver the granularity IT needs to manage XenClient effectively.
Easier to use
- In-guest controls make XenClient feel more like native Windows to end users, so they can manage wireless networks, mouse settings, and other controls from within Windows, and IT can hide the hypervisor from less sophisticated users.
- Automated over the air upgrades let XenClient update itself with no intervention needed from the end user.
- A ’Connect’ environment for quick-boot access to the web, with Google Chrome included.
- Connecting to a View Desktop using PCoIP fails with a black screen (2039529)
- PCoIP を使用した View デスクトップへの接続にブラック スクリーンで失敗する (2047586)
- Accessing USB storage and other USB devices from the service console (1023976)
- Running custom quiescing scripts inside Windows virtual machine with ESX 3.5 Update 2 and later (1006671)
- 在具有 ESX 3.5 Update 2 及更高版本的 Windows 虚拟机内部运行自定义静默脚本 (2086999)