Release: Citrix XenClient Enterprise 4.1
Read full post . . . or http://www.go-que.com/release-citrix-xenclient-enterprise-4-1
A couple of weeks ago Citrix announced the first full release of XenClient Enterprise after the announcement of Virtual Computer acquisition, during Synergy 2012, XenClient Enterprise 4.1, now included within XenDesktop Enterprise and Platinum.
As Andrew Wood reports in his article, release 4.1 brings big changes, mainly concentrated in what is now called XenClient Enterprise Synchroniser and the need of a Microsoft Hyper-V based environment.
From the original Citrix’s blog post:
9X More Devices Supported
- XenClient now supports more PCs than ever before with a dramatically expanded hardware compatibility list (HCL).
- Support for the coolest new devices including Ultrabook™ systems and the latest 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processor systems (see the Intel Blog, by Dan Russell on this).
- 3G/4G modem support, enabling users to make full use of their XenClient PCs.
Enterprise-Class Management Scalable to Thousands of Endpoints
- Open, scalable backend management system supported on all industry standard server hypervisors - Hyper-V, vSphere, and XenServer.
- Enterprise level scalability supporting thousands of endpoints for large deployments in multiple locations and geographies.
- Enhanced policies and role-based administrative control deliver the granularity IT needs to manage XenClient effectively.
Easier to use
- In-guest controls make XenClient feel more like native Windows to end users, so they can manage wireless networks, mouse settings, and other controls from within Windows, and IT can hide the hypervisor from less sophisticated users.
- Automated over the air upgrades let XenClient update itself with no intervention needed from the end user.
- A ’Connect’ environment for quick-boot access to the web, with Google Chrome included.
- Google Hangout: i benefici per il business del Software Defined Networking November 26, 2015
- Disk Queue Length always 100% November 25, 2015
- IT’s Evolution: Backroom Operators to Customer Champions November 25, 2015
- Black Friday Sale: The doors are now open! November 25, 2015
- Making the Software-Defined Data Center Easier: VMware Software Manager and Validated Reference Designs November 25, 2015